Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Andrew Roberts <ar...@fuze.com> on 2018/08/17 11:49:06 UTC

ProcessingTimeSessionWindows and many other windowing pieces are built around Object

I’m exploring moving some “manual” state management into Flink-managed state via Flink’s windowing paradigms, and I’m running into the surprise that many pieces of the windowing architecture require the stream be upcast to Object (AnyRef in scala). Is there a technical reason for this? I’m currently working on re-implementing the necessary pieces (for my problem) with the type parameters cascaded out, but is there some reason for this? Did someone start doing this, and then hit some wall? Would Flink be interested in these changes as a contribution if I get it working?

Thanks,

Andrew
--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any

attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you

are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any

attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or

any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the

contents to any other person. Thank you.*