Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@apache.org> on 2021/04/16 14:05:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release pyignite 0.4.0-rc1

Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@apache.org>
чт, 15 апр., 21:37 (19 часов назад)
кому: dev
Dear Igniters!

Release candidate binaries are at least uploaded and ready for vote
You can find them here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/pyignite/0.4.0-rc1

If you follow the link above, you will find source package (*.tar.gz and
*.zip)
and binary packages (wheels) for windows (x86, amd64) and linux (x86 and
x86_64)
for pythons 36, 37, 38, 39. Also, there are sha512 and gpg signatures.

You can install binary package for specific version of python using pip
For example do this on linux for python 3.8
>> pip install pyignite-0.4.0-cp38-cp38-manylinux1_x86_64.whl

You can build and install package from source using this command:
>> pip install pyignite-0.4.0.tar.gz
You can build wheel on your platform using this command:
>> pip wheel --no-deps pyignite-0.4.0.tar.gz

For building C module, you should have python headers and C compiler
installed.
(i.e. for ubuntu sudo apt install build-essential python3-dev)
In Mac OS X xcode-tools and python from homebrew are the best option.

In order to check whether C module works, use following:
>> from pyignite import _cutils
>> print(_cutils.hashcode('test'))
>> 3556498

You can find documentation here:
https://apache-ignite-binary-protocol-client.readthedocs.io/en/0.4.0.rc1

You can find examples here (to check them, you should start ignite locally):
https://apache-ignite-binary-protocol-client.readthedocs.io/en/0.4.0.rc1/examples.html
Also, examples can be found in source archive in examples subfolder.
docker-compose.yml is supplied in order to start ignite quickly.

Release notes:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-python-thin-client.git;a=blob;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;h=9fee8ead3f70718767f6e11f93d1c7e77c61657b;hb=466b54527e6e42bc585c594d840a959d0b8626ef

Git release tag was created:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-python-thin-client.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/0.4.0.rc1

The vote is formal, see voting guidelines
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

+1 - to accept pyignite-0.4.0-rc1
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept pyignite-0.4.0-rc1

The vote will end at April, 21 15:00 UTC.

Re: [VOTE] Release pyignite 0.4.0-rc1

Posted by Surkov <al...@bk.ru.INVALID>.
Tested signatures, tested hashsums, tested installation on Mac Os X 10.15.7
on python 3.9.4.

Re: [VOTE] Release pyignite 0.4.0-rc1

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@apache.org>.
+1 From me

Checked signatures and hashsums of all wheels and all source packages.
All files are correctly signed by Igor Sapego CODE SIGNING KEY
(key-id: 5C10A0722D947727923C98B5AF35DBD958FE8DC5). Key present in KEYS
file of apache project.

Checked building wheel on ubuntu 20.04 and on windows 10 (build without C
module
becaus of missing compiler). Build is OK.

Checked work on windows:
All 32-bit and 64 bit wheels works OK on python 36, 37, 38, 39, 32-bit and
64-bit, examples works OK, _cutils module works.
Manually built wheel without _cutils module also works, examples run OK

Checked work on linux:
All 64-bit wheels works OK on ubuntu 20.04 and python 36, 37, 38 and 39.
Examples works OK, building wheel with C module from source package works
OK.
Manually built wheel works OK.

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.