Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr> on 2015/01/07 22:30:05 UTC

HTTP 2 and Apache HTTP client

Hello,

Is there a roadmap for HTTP 2.0 support for Apache HTTP client?

For example, binary headers, multiplexing...

Just wondering ; I tried searching but I got too many irrelevant hits with
my search terms...

Thanks,
Christopher

Re: HTTP 2 and Apache HTTP client

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 10:20 -0700, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 1/9/2015 2:41 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Shawn,
> >
> > I can work on HC in my spare time only. Even if I quit my day job and
> > divorce my wife I am not sure HTTP/2.0 in HC by the end of February is
> > realistic. The best case scenario would be having BETA quality support
> > for HTTP/2.0 by the end of year.
> >
> > Oleg
>
> I would never make any actual demands of your time, I'm just conveying
> my opinion that I think it's really important.  Thank you for everything
> you have done and anything you may do in the future.  If there is any
> way my limited http skillset and nonexistent understanding of the
> codebase can be helpful, I am willing.
>
> Other people are likely to be more insistent and demanding once the spec
> is published. :)
>
> Shawn

Hi Shawn

There are enough folks involved in this project who contribute to
development of higher level components such as the caching module or
specific auth schemes without getting exposed too much to the lower
level transport components. My involvement in this project started with
development of cookie specs until I got sucked into development of low
level stuff. If you are interested, willing and have some spare
bandwidth there will always be something you could contribute to
depending on your individual inclinations.

Cheers

Oleg

Re: HTTP 2 and Apache HTTP client

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.