Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Malcolm Fitzgerald <ma...@notyourhomework.net> on 2021/03/12 03:11:03 UTC

PHP Debugger in v12.3 does not stop at first line

In my first attempt to do some PHP debugging in v12.3 and I've struck a
problem. Are there changes to our settings required for this version?

The project was written using v12.2 and I have been running that with
Xdebug v2.7.0. In the earlier version everything works as expected.

Running v12.3 and running "Debug file" I'm seeing a few problems. The
symptoms are:

 1. The debugger does not stop at the first line. The preference
    settings are set to Stop at First Line.
 2. The debugger does not stop at breakpoints.
 3. There is a notification and progress bar in the footer with the
    dreaded "Waiting for Connection (netbeans-xdebug).

When I cancel the call to the debugger it displays an information
dialog. I've checked all the settings in my php.ini are set to
recommended values.

Malcolm

Re: PHP Debugger in v12.3 does not stop at first line

Posted by Malcolm Fitzgerald <ma...@notyourhomework.net>.
Sorry to waste everybody's time.

The error was that I didn't specify the correct version of PHP. Out of
the box PHP on MacOS does not include XDebug so the errors were coming
from that.

Once the correct version of PHP is entered, everything works.

thanks,

Malcolm