Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/16 15:27:53 UTC

WebSphere Classloader Constraints with XERCES

Hi All,

I am using Windows 2000, WSAD 5.1.2, WebSphere 5.1 Application Server
Test Environment, IBM JDK 1.4. I have an EAR that has xerces.jar and
below settings on WebSphere Environment :

a.ear Classloader mode: PARENT_LAST
b.ear WAR classloader policy: APPLICATION
c.war Classloader mode : PARENT_LAST

When I run my web application that has 'java - jar dependency' set to
ultity jar xerces.jar at the ear level I am  getting below error:

java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/w3c/dom/Node violates loader
constraints:  definition mismatch between parent and child loaders

I think that I dont any WebSphere 5.1 runtime's own version of xerces
and thus getting loaded  by WebSphere Extension Classloader. Can
anyone please suggest what is that I am missing here ... ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.

Re: WebSphere Classloader Constraints with XERCES

Posted by "David D. Lucas" <dd...@lse.com>.
Try setting the ear to PARENT_FIRST and the war to PARENT_LAST.
The two settings might be cancelling each other out.

Best Wishes,
Dave

babloosony wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Windows 2000, WSAD 5.1.2, WebSphere 5.1 Application Server
> Test Environment, IBM JDK 1.4. I have an EAR that has xerces.jar and
> below settings on WebSphere Environment :
>
> a.ear Classloader mode: PARENT_LAST
> b.ear WAR classloader policy: APPLICATION
> c.war Classloader mode : PARENT_LAST
>

> When I run my web application that has 'java - jar dependency' set to
> ultity jar xerces.jar at the ear level I am  getting below error:
>
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/w3c/dom/Node violates loader
> constraints:  definition mismatch between parent and child loaders
>

> I think that I dont any WebSphere 5.1 runtime's own version of xerces
> and thus getting loaded  by WebSphere Extension Classloader. Can
> anyone please suggest what is that I am missing here ... ?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Kumar.

| David Lucas                      mailto: ddlucas @ lse.com |
| Lucas Software Engineering, Inc.   (740) 964-6248 Voice    |
| Unix,Java,C++,CORBA,XML,EJB        (614) 668-4020 Mobile   |
| Middleware,Frameworks              (888) 866-4728 Fax/Msg  |
| GPS Location:  40.0150 deg Lat,  -82.6378 deg Long         |
| IMHC: "Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life."  |
| IMHC: "I know where I am; I know where I'm going."    <><  |

Notes: PGP Key Block=http://www.lse.com/~ddlucas/pgpblock.txt
IMHO="in my humble opinion" IMHC="in my humble conviction"
All trademarks above are those of their respective owners.

Re: WebSphere Classloader Constraints with XERCES

Posted by By...@statestreet.com.

Try including the xmlapis.jar as well at the same level. Your classloader
settings are correct, I think that's the one thing
you may be missing.

Jin

Jin Chun

Vice President: Global Link Chief Applications Architect

Global Link :> www.globallink.com
State Street Bank :> www.statestreet.com

617.664.1695 | byungchun@statestreet.com

SCJA SCJP OCP-DBA

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in the email is intended
for the confidential use of the above-named recipient(s). If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient or person responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this communication in error, and that any review,
prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this message.

             babloosony
             <babloosony@gmail
                                       "axis-user@ws.apache.org"