Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2003/11/11 14:54:10 UTC

Re: Permanent removal from the repository

Ryan Hunt wrote:
> No that doesn't include the log files.  The repository holds disk images
> that vary in size between 200MB and 3GB.  SVN is the only thing I could
> find that doesn't crap out on binary files of that size. Though it seems
> as if I am limited to only a few transactions occurring simultaneously.
> (any ideas on how to increase performance?)

There has been much work done lately on improving performance for large
files, but I'm not sure of the details.  Perhaps others can comment on
that issue.

> Where do I get information on svndumpfilter?

I don't know if there's any docs in the book yet.  'svndumpfilter
--help' might give you enough information, or UTSL ;-)

And please keep this discussion on the mailing list.  I reply to
questions on public mailing lists so that everyone can benefit from the
answers, not so I can spend my time solving your problems in private.

-garrett

Re: Permanent removal from the repository

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Oops, meant to send this to users@, not dev@...  Sorry.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Ryan Hunt <rh...@hp.com> writes:

> On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 07:54  AM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> >> Where do I get information on svndumpfilter?
> >
> > I don't know if there's any docs in the book yet.  'svndumpfilter
> > --help' might give you enough information, or UTSL ;-)
> >

> UTSL??
>
> What if I just want to remove the nefarious branch and be done with it
> to reclaim the space?  Is there a way to permanently remove?

That's 'svn obliterate'.  Removes resources and all their history
from the repository.

Oh.

And it doesn't yet exist.  Post-1.0. :-)

Re: Permanent removal from the repository

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Ryan Hunt <rh...@hp.com> writes:
> UTSL??

Probably "Use The Source, Luke"?

> > And please keep this discussion on the mailing list.  I reply to
> > questions on public mailing lists so that everyone can benefit from
> > the answers, not so I can spend my time solving your problems in
> > private.
>
> Sorry, just hit the wrong reply, in most of the other lists I belong
> to a reply goes to the list, and no need for a reply to all.

Yeah, perhaps a reminder to everyone, not just Garrett, is
appropriate: this mailing list does not set Reply-to to the list, (see
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for the justification).

So, please be forgiving when you get a personal reply to a list post.
It's usually accidental, from a respondent who's accustomed to lists
that *do* set Reply-to.

-Karl

Re: Permanent removal from the repository

Posted by Ryan Hunt <rh...@hp.com>.