Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bryan Mishkin <bm...@hoovers.com> on 2005/06/20 19:31:06 UTC

Cactus, Ant, and log4j

All:

I am seeking help with cactus and log4j running with Ant.  Here is my issue:

My web application has a log4j.xml and properties file in it.  I build my
war with these files then cactify my war without doing anything with these
files.  I then run my cactus tests and because the log4j.xml has an email
appender I get countless emails.

What I want is for the emails to no go out when I run cactus tests.  I have
tried utilizing the cactus client/server configuration overrides but they
don't seem to do what I expect them to; I still get email messages from the
system.  I've tried removing them from the cactified war but that didn't
work, I've tried changing the log4j.xml and replacing it in the cactified
war but that didn't work.  Any Ideas?

Bryan T. Mishkin
IT Content Systems Team Lead
Hoover's Inc.
(512)374-4586 (external)
x44586 (internal)
http://www.hoovers.com

The information contained in this communication is confidential. This
communication is the property of Hoover's, Inc. and is intended only for the
use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
me promptly and delete the message. Any distribution or copying of this
message without my prior consent is prohibited.