Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by shivakumar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/29 08:10:37 UTC

ignite work directory: binary_meta and marshaller

Hi
we have deployed ignite on kubernetes environment and we have set ignite
work directory (i.e., binary_meta and marshaller) to ephemeral disk which
will not be available after kubernetes node (pod) restart, we have seen
sometime "*class org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryObjectException: Cannot find
metadata for object with compact footer*: -146362649 "
is this exception because we are setting ignite work directory where it
stores  *binary_meta* and *marshaller* to ephemeral disk and not persistence
disk ?
should we set work directory to mounted persistence volume in kubernetes ??

regards,
shiva

Re: ignite work directory: binary_meta and marshaller

Posted by akurbanov <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, these directories should be on persistent directories that are mounted
in k8s.

Re: ignite work directory: binary_meta and marshaller

Posted by akurbanov <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, these directories should be available for the node, so you should mount
the storage with binary_meta and marshaller.