Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/05/15 19:02:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] RPM BUILD - Add change log from git

Any thoughts on adding changelog into cloud.spec file pulled from git on the build?

Something like the output of "git log -oneline".

Re: [DISCUSS] RPM BUILD - Add change log from git

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 07:06:10PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> [...]

We track the high level stuff in the CHANGES file, and we have the
release notes publican docs.  IMO the commit history isn't necessarily
as useful, since it's kind of noisy in the end (with inconsistently
useful commit messages).  We have our release branches, and we have
pushed tags to each branch that correspond to formal releases.

RE: [DISCUSS] RPM BUILD - Add change log from git

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.