Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2007/01/16 02:01:17 UTC

Re: Preparing XML Graphics Commons 1.1

I never got around to this before the Commons 1.1 release, but better
late than never…

Jeremias Maerki:
> The high-level view is here:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/
> This actually already covers most of the classes from Batik. The
> ImageWriter stuff has received some extensions to handle multi-page
> formats. FOP uses that for producing multi-page TIFFs using the
> ImageWriter abstraction.
> The classes in util.io from Batik are only the Base64 classes, the rest
> is from FOP. Service is a merge from the Batik and FOP versions
> preserving each other's functionality.
>
> Changes are listed here: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/changes.html
> (missing an entry for the XMP stuff)

Ok cool.

> Last sync with Batik was in April:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=390643&view=rev  (includes revision
> numbers)
> I'll see if I can do another round of merging on Sunday. If you're first,
> that's ok, too. :-)

I’ve just merged the changes.  Nothing major, it seems.

> To answer your question about which classes are to be used by Batik:
> Basically those, that were ported from Batik to Commons. Furthermore,
> when we've moved the PDF library and the font classes (after the 1.1
> release), we can finally move the Transcoders to Batik and Batik will
> use the font and PDF code from Commons from that point on.

Which font classes were you thinking of moving?

> Do you need anything else?

I’ll have a go this afternoon at converting Batik to use the commons
classes.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/