Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/09/21 09:41:53 UTC

how to best debug sisu-guice?

Hi!

I need to debug through sisu-guice as I'm searching for a bug.

Problem I face is that the source and binary of e.g.

com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl<T>

doesn't fit together (debugger hitting empty lines and is completely off-method).

I already dropped the jars off my local maven repo and forced a reload without luck.

Where to get the _real_ sources from?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: how to best debug sisu-guice?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Stuart!

I'm currently debugging through a maven plugin hack I do atm. The underlying problem I had was not a guice problem but misinterpretation about what is available in the contexts. I wrongly assumed that all @Component injectable stuff of a Mojo is also available for injection inside other components (nested in a plugin mojo). But that is not the case because they get set without guice but 'manually' via the PluginParameterExpressionEvaluator afterwards.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
Which version are you using? The line numbers match for me locally. Also remember that there is a no-AOP flavour of guice which has the AOP code stripped out - in this case the line numbers in the bytecode will still match exactly with the sources attachment, it just doesn't have the AOP lines any more (you'll see ifdef around those lines in the comments).

The no-AOP flavour is for users that don't require the additional overhead needed for AOP, such as on Android.