Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shasta Willson <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/24 05:12:55 UTC

Next question...

Can someone tell me what .jar would contain

org.apache.axis2.jaxws.framework.JAXWSDeployer

I can't find it on the jar search engines I usually use.

I'm getting a ClassNotFound in my logs, followed by an NPE without an
obvious source a little later.  I'm guessing something isn't getting
initialized correctly, even though the Deployer doesn't cause it to
fail immediately, and maybe putting the correct jar in place would
help.

Thank you,
Shasta

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Dennis,

    finally a good response - I appreciate it.

    I concur with you on the J2ME compatibility issues, in fact I did
experience that first hand in
my current implementations. I am looking into JiBX now, I knew a few
things about it but not
at the level that I can comfortably say that this could be a good
solution for what I am after.
But from what you are saying below, this is a very promising direction
and it would be good
to give it a shot. This is open-source code right?

Thanks

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
One more note - I was able to get Axis 1.4 to run on a CDC device using
Jalimo and
Knopflerfish OSGi as the container but as expected it is fairly slow ...
So yes, such
options are out of the question.

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I was expecting so - thanks Dennis - so my best bet to "emulate" Axis
engines (server/client
behavior) on mobile devices is not kSOAPx ;)

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Demetris,

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Dennis,

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Thanks Dennis - I will give them a shot and see what I can use from
them. I appreciate all the help so far.

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Demetris,

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java XML and Web Services

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis WS on mobile devices

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Demetris,

Axis WS on mobile devices

Re: Next question...

Posted by Matthew Beldyk <ma...@gmail.com>.
It appears to be axis2-jaxws-1.4.1.jar

Here's how I figured that out on a unix system:

[10:02:23]            beldyk@mechagodzilla: ~/java_dev/trunk/libs/axis2-1.4.1
$ grep org.apache.axis2.jaxws.framework.JAXWSDeployer lib/*
Binary file lib/axis2-jaxws-1.4.1.jar matches

[10:02:39]            beldyk@mechagodzilla: ~/java_dev/trunk/libs/axis2-1.4.1
$ unzip -l lib/axis2-jaxws-1.4.1.jar |grep
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.framework.JAXWSDeployer
    13373  08-13-08 17:07   org/apache/axis2/jaxws/framework/JAXWSDeployer.class

Best regards,
-Matt Beldyk

--
Calvin: Know what I pray for?