Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de> on 2005/07/21 23:12:47 UTC

Contribution of component library planned, live demo available

Dear MyFaces-Team,

after the MyFaces BOF on the ApacheCON 2005 we have talked to Martin
and Matthias about our extensional faces-based component library Tobago.

We showed them some of our online examples visible at

     http://tobago.atanion.net

and we all agreed, that it is important to build up an open-source-
based community around this stuff.

We learned how such a contribution in the ASF world works. So we are
willing to add our component library into the incubator project to
build such a communitiy.

We are really interessted in your feedback regarding our examples.
Unfortunatelly the descriptive text in the demo is not available in
English yet.

Hoping to hear from you

Udo Schnurpfeil

Re: Contribution of component library planned, live demo available

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hi,

in the moment the focus is on mozilla/firefox and ie.
Better Safari and Opera support is on the tasklist.
Currently I've bought a Mac, so I'm interested myself ;-)

regards

Udo

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Aleksei Valikov wrote:

> The demos look simply great! Looking forward for your contribution -
> I've got a lot of work for your components. ;)

obligatory /me too post

Re: Contribution of component library planned, live demo available

Posted by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net>.
Hi.

> We showed them some of our online examples visible at
>
>     http://tobago.atanion.net
>
> and we all agreed, that it is important to build up an open-source-
> based community around this stuff.
>
> We learned how such a contribution in the ASF world works. So we are
> willing to add our component library into the incubator project to
> build such a communitiy.
>
> We are really interessted in your feedback regarding our examples.
> Unfortunatelly the descriptive text in the demo is not available in
> English yet.

The demos look simply great! Looking forward for your contribution -
I've got a lot of work for your components. ;)

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Contribution of component library planned, live demo available

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Martin Marinschek wrote:
> Well, for large code contributions, which this component set would
> obviously be, we have to go through the incubator to make sure that all
> intellectual property issues are solved and also that there is an
> interest in the community.
>
> As with Matthias and me, we have been very interested in what we were
> shown yesterday ;)
>
> It seems as we might be ending up with a set of competing libraries
> under the hood of Apache MyFaces, with the possibility to decide upon a
> set of components based on your preferences.

Well might not be the worst thing to do, because yesterday I stumbled
upon another excellent component library under the Apache2 license which
somebody posted the link for in the Exadel forums (I posted the link
already but here it is again http://www.jenia.org/jsp/index.jsp)

guess in the long run there might be a splitting into several component
packs necessary.

Werner

Re: Contribution of component library planned, live demo available

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, for large code contributions, which this component set would obviously
be, we have to go through the incubator to make sure that all intellectual
property issues are solved and also that there is an interest in the
community.

As with Matthias and me, we have been very interested in what we were shown
yesterday ;)

It seems as we might be ending up with a set of competing libraries under
the hood of Apache MyFaces, with the possibility to decide upon a set of
components based on your preferences.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.