Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vikram Saxena <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/27 13:00:04 UTC

Flink Queue Scheduling (JobManager)

Hi

I am reading and learning about Flink and I have tried to implement some
Flink Jobs.

In my application I have 2 Flink Jobs which I want to run in parallel.
Of course, as I understand I can have the task slots divided so that each
one can run concurrently.

But, is there a possibility for scheduling jobs only to be processed when
the JobManager has resources free(task slots) and not throw back
(NoResourceAvailableException) ??

The reason I ask this is because I have 2 Flink Jobs, one which would be
always running in short intervals and other which would be in ad hoc basis.

I do not want to have my task slots divided just for this ad hoc job,
So I wanted to submit this adhoc job and the Job Manager can schedule it
whenever it has free task slots ?

Cheers,
Vikram

Re: Flink Queue Scheduling (JobManager)

Posted by Vikram Saxena <vi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I have tried using separate Yarn queues for this, but I have my
doubts.

Here is what I am trying to do:
I have 2 Flink Jobs

JobA : Regular Job running every x minutes.
JobB : User requested adhoc job

Tried1.

Sol A :
Have 2 queues on Yarn with 95 : 5 resource distribution

Sol B:
Have parallelism control the concurrent execution i.e. divide total task
slots in 95:5 ratio

In both the above solutions I would be dedicating a chunk of resources to
 Job B.
I want Job A to run will all my resources and only if Job B is submitted,
it should get some resources to process and not throw back
NoResourceException.

I hope I am able to explain my problem :)

VG,
VIkram

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.