Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 15:40:51 UTC

Assembly/Assemblies clean up

Hi All,

I've been looking through our assemblies setup for Karaf trunk and
would like to know if we can remove the following folders:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/assemblies/apache-karaf-full/
 <-- empty folder, is this a place holder?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/assemblies/features/full/
 <-- appears to be unused.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/assembly/  <--- appears to
be deprecated.

Cheers,
Jamie

Re: Assembly/Assemblies clean up

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jamie,

AFAIC +1 from my side.
I guess we can get rid of the old stuff now :)

regards, Achim

2011/11/28 Jamie G. <ja...@gmail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> I've been looking through our assemblies setup for Karaf trunk and
> would like to know if we can remove the following folders:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/assemblies/apache-karaf-full/
>  <-- empty folder, is this a place holder?
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/assemblies/features/full/
>  <-- appears to be unused.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/assembly/  <--- appears to
> be deprecated.
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie

Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Assembly/Assemblies clean up

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, in the main pom file there is a reference to the 'assembly'
module in regards to using eclipse.

Perhaps this is something else that may require re-factoring as well?

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jamie,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Assembly/Assemblies clean up

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
In my review & testing I didn't see any references to using
assemblies/features/full but if I was mistaken then I'll have to
restore the structures or replace them in another location.

The only reference I have noticed for apache-karaf-full is under
developers-guide/writing-tests.conf, but this probably needed to be
updated to reflect the rename to apache-karaf.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I got your point.

But, AFAIR, I moved it into standard, not framework. I will fix that today.

My concern is that full doesn't mean anything for me.

Framework and minimal are clear and used by others projects.
Standard is destinated to the end-users.

I don't see any value to a "Full" feature.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a look and fix the framework.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré