Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Andreas Opitz <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/11 14:56:54 UTC

Question reagarding documentation

Hi Struts Community,

last year I was on a Strutsathon in Augsburg. During this event we talked
as well about the documentation and how new user would use the documents to
dive into the world of struts.

Before this event I never worked with struts so it was quite intressting
how I can get familiar with struts and how the documentions would help me.
At that point I recongnized that struts has more than one wiki. Christian
and Rene explained this to me and we came up with the idea to improve this
part.

The initial idea was to create a maven plugin which will extract the
snippets out of the JavaDoc part of the source code. This plugin should be
a part of the site lifecycle.

Are you still using some wikis to create the documentation? And is it still
required to extract the snippets?
I am just asking hence I would like to implement this plugin. Just as a
side node I am not a maven expert this would be my first plugin and
appreaicate each feedback that I would get for this plugin.

Best regards,
Andreas

Re: Question reagarding documentation

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> What was the reason to put the snippets into the Javadocs?

Version control and one point of reference

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Question reagarding documentation

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I have started moving snippets from code to Wiki. This is also needed
to properly export wiki as html - current version of Confluence
doesn't recognise snippet macro and treats it as a old wiki content,
but thus can be changed in the future.

So if you work on some Java code in Struts, please also move snippets
to appropriate wiki page.

Thanks in advance & Regards

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
+1(00)