Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Muhammad Zahid Iqbal <za...@northbaysolutions.net> on 2017/02/02 17:03:03 UTC

Solr JOIN - Self join within core not working

Hi,

I have a Solr instance setup with one core named as Book (contains total
100 records and a field isprimary:1 has 50 records)

When I querying, bring me accurate results (50), its simple I know:

http://localhost:7161/solr/Book/select?q=%3A&fq=IsPrimary%3A1&rows=10&wt=xml&indent=true

But When I query like this why its showing all records(100), I know I am in
the same core but why its behaving strange?:

http://localhost:7161/solr/Book/select?q=%3A&fq=%7B!join+fromIndex%3DBook+from%3DGroupID+to%3DGroupID%7D%2BIsPrimary%3A1&rows=10&wt=xml&indent=true

If Solr JOIN works like INNER QUERY this should not be the case.

Any valuable feedback will be appreciated!