Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2005/11/09 23:18:06 UTC

The XML Graphics project is one year old!

The subject says it all. :-)

I'm personally pleased about what happened so far. I believe the
creation of this project has fulfilled the board's wishes for better
oversight. We've had fruitful discussions about the setup for XML
Graphics Commons. I'll finally start work on it shortly after the first
FOP release is out. Help is welcome, as always. I believe it's going to
be interesting stuff that'll come out of this.

I think I've done it before, but it doesn't hurt to do it again: I would
like to remind all committers not on the PMC that they are invited to
join it at any time. The ASF encourages projects that their PMCs consist
of as many committers as possible. I was told that, technically, only
the PMC members have binding votes, although the PMC chair is actually
the one responsible in the end (as an officer of the foundation). But
don't worry, the opinion/vote of a non-PMC committer will certainly
never be overlooked. If you like to do just a little beyond code
decisions for your project, please join the PMC.

Furthermore, I expect all XML Graphics committers to be on the
general@xmlgraphics.apache.org mailing list (low traffic so far). Just
in case somebody doesn't know.

Back to work. :-)

Thanks,