Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Anil R. Pinto" <ap...@lobotec.com> on 2004/11/03 13:19:01 UTC

MICR font in FOP as an embedded application..

Hi,

I have a need to create MICR type fonts within PDF document produced by FOP
(0.20.3).

I was able to do that using FOP through the command line. Following all the
steps as mentioned in http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html

I ran the FOP command to create the font-metrics xml file and referenced it
within the conf/userconfig.xml and FOP successfully integrated the font in
the PDF output.

But, the main requirement is to use this behavior with FOp running as an
embeded application (using fop.jar).

Can someone please guide me to a thread that covers this ?

I am lost as to where should the custom font-metrics xml and userconfig.xml
file reside when using the standard fop.jar (as the userconfig.xml already
exists in the jar)

If anyone can help in his regard I'll really appreciate it.

thanks for your time.
Anil.

RE: MICR font in FOP as an embedded application..

Posted by "Anil R. Pinto" <ap...@lobotec.com>.
Thanks guys,

As the userconfig xml within the jar s not being used, I guess I'll stick to
the approach mentioned by Saptarshi, which hapens to also be the one
suggested on the Apache FOP website, except one thing, in the embedded mode
we need to use the org.apache.fop.apps.Options class that represents the
'-c' switch used for the command line option.

If anyone has any other approach I'll be more than happy to hear from them.

Thanks everyone.
Anil

> But, the main requirement is to use this behavior with FOp running as an
> embeded application (using fop.jar).
>
> Can someone please guide me to a thread that covers this ?

How to use a config file in an embedded environment is described on the
website:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#config-external

> I am lost as to where should the custom font-metrics xml and
userconfig.xml
> file reside when using the standard fop.jar (as the userconfig.xml already
> exists in the jar)

Yes, there is indeed a userconfig.xml in FOP.jar, but its not used!

<snip/>

Chris

Re: MICR font in FOP as an embedded application..

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

<snip/>