Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jeff HIllier <hi...@llnl.gov> on 2005/11/10 01:15:20 UTC

File names when using TxFilecontentStore

Hi All-

When using the TxFileContentStore is there anyway to turn off modifying the
filename on the file system?

	ex stuff.txt becomes stuff.txt_1.0

We would like to use slide as a way for our users to publish content files
directly to our webservers, and also allow native file access to the
directories where slide will be writing to.

I tired to turn off version control, but that seemed to have no affect.

We are also using OC4J not tomcat (but this hasn't been a problem for us so
far)

Thanks in advance

Jeff

RE: File names when using TxFilecontentStore

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com>.
We do it slightly differently, we have a Store that extends the TxFile*
stores for a particular scope let's say "Published", then when a collection
is created in that scope we create a folder on the filesystem IN ADDITION to
the collection and metadata created in the TxFile* stores and similarly when
a new revisionContent on a document is called we ensure the TxFile* content
store succeeds and if it does, then we copy the content to the location on
the filesystem under the appropriate folder.

This leaves the TxFile content as is, but extends it to mirror the latest
versions and hierarchy on the filesystem in a configurable location that
Apache or Tomcat is configured to display.

This way too we can have content that isn't published and then we can
publish it simply by saving it to the published scope, i.e.
/files/Published/...

Michael Oliver
CTO
Alarius Systems LLC
6800 E. Lake Mead Blvd, #1096
Las Vegas, NV 89156
Phone:(702)953-8949
Fax:(702)974-0341
*Note new email changed from oliverm@matrix-media.com

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com>.
OOPS forgot to mention "native file access"  I hope you don't mean you want
to edit those files directly on the filesystem?  If so what do you want
slide for?  If you turn off versioning and rename the files and then edit
directly, what does slide do for you that Tomcat WebDAV doesn't?