Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/12 03:17:24 UTC

'supergroup' in Hadoop

Hello All,

When we install Hadoop, when does the user group 'supergroup' gets created. What is the significance of this ? Do we have any other groups apart from this group ?

Thanks,
Raj

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by orahad bigdata <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Well in my case I can see the files in hdfs with supergroup ownership
but this group is not exist  at OS level.

I think if we are not providing  below parameter value in XML file,
the default group will be "supergroup" though it will exist at OS
level.

dfs.permissions.supergroup

Thanks

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by orahad bigdata <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by orahad bigdata <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by orahad bigdata <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

is this an actual group in Linux at the OS level or just hadoop specific?

________________________________

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop