Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/22 06:55:56 UTC

using storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar in storm 0.10.0

Hi,

Could somebody let me know how to use storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar file which
resides in
external directory to storm starter project.

I copied the storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar in lib directory of storm but it is not
being reference in storm classpath due which I am not able to compile  my
code.

It always says error "storm.kafka" package doesn't exist.

Thanks
Neeraj

Re: using storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar in storm 0.10.0

Posted by Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Some more updates here..

I checked the "bin/storm classpath" and it is properly referring to kafka
jar file.

But once uber jar is ready I do not see any kafka class inside the jar file
which is generated in target directory. Inside jar there is an empty kafka
folder.

I was expecting it to have all kafka java classes. I think this is the
reason  code is not compiling whenever it refers to kafka package or its
classes.

Any suggestion friends?

Thanks

Posted by Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Abhishek,
>
> I am sorry I am new to storm and I don't know about uber jar.
>
> Could you please provide some more information?
>
> Thanks  for your time.
>
> Neeraj
>

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> why not shade it in your application uber jar?
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could somebody let me know how to use storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar file which
>>> resides in
>>> external directory to storm starter project.
>>>
>>> I copied the storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar in lib directory of storm but it is
>>> not being reference in storm classpath due which I am not able to compile
>>>  my code.
>>>
>>> It always says error "storm.kafka" package doesn't exist.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Neeraj
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Abhishek Agarwal

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: using storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar in storm 0.10.0

Posted by Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
why not shade it in your application uber jar?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Neeraj Kumar <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could somebody let me know how to use storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar file which
> resides in
> external directory to storm starter project.
>
> I copied the storm-kafka-0.10.0.jar in lib directory of storm but it is
> not being reference in storm classpath due which I am not able to compile
>  my code.
>
> It always says error "storm.kafka" package doesn't exist.
>
> Thanks
> Neeraj

Abhishek Agarwal