Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by th...@accenture.com on 2009/03/02 17:01:43 UTC

[users@httpd] exclude errorDocument from authentication

Given that I have a root "<location />" locked down with authentication and that I want a custom "ErrorDocument 401 /register.html", how can I exclude the /register.html page from the authentication location pattern?

Jeff Black

Re: [users@httpd] exclude errorDocument from authentication

Posted by jblack4 <th...@accenture.com>.
This does not seem to work for some reason.  I tried putting the override
<location> section above, then below the authenticated <location> section,
but always got the standard 401 page versus the custom register.html page.

It also appeared that maybe the proxy configuration of one location is being
applied to both.  Is this possible?

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.accenture.com
    DocumentRoot "D:/java/Apache2.2-file/htdocs"
    ServerName dummy-host.accenture.com
    ServerAlias www.dummy-host.accenture.com
    ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.accenture.com-error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.accenture.com-access.log" common

    <Location / >
       Options None
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all

       AuthName            "Network Login"
       AuthType            Digest

       AuthDigestProvider file
       AuthUserFile	D:/java/Apache2.2-file/conf/.htdigest

       Require valid-user

       ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/
       ProxyPassreverse http://localhost:8080/
   </Location>