Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by wolverine my <wo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 05:45:31 UTC

WSDL2Java: WSDLProcessingException: Encoded use is not supported?

Hi!

I encounter the following error when tried to generate web service
client using Axis2 1.2 and XMLBeans:

>WSDL2Java -uri Dummy.wsdl -p com.test.dummy -d xmlbeans -s
Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\axis2-1.2
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11
May 2, 2007 11:37:18 AM
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder
populateService
SEVERE: org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder$WSDLProcessingException:
Encoded use is not supported
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing
WSDL
   at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:137)
   at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
   at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Encoded use is not supported
   at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:298)
   at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:100)
   at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:131)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder$WSDLProcessingException:
Encoded use is not supported
   at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.getPartsListFromSoapBody(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:1543)
   at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.createSchemaForPorttype(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:1294)
   at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.generateWrapperSchema(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:1198)
   at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:252)
   ... 4 more

However, the same command and WSDL file was working fine with Axis2 1.1.1.

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

Re: WSDL2Java: WSDLProcessingException: Encoded use is not supported?

Posted by stefan_dragnev <st...@yahoo.com>.
Dims,

Thanks for the suggestion to use ADB and answering all my other questions.
I already read in AIXS2 documentation that ADB is the most stable and the
preferred
data binding for Axis2. The reason I decided to stick with XMLBeans is the
current codebase which I have to port to Axis2 contains couple of thousands
lines of code and all of it uses XMLBeans. All this combined with I being
new
to Axis2 and having a tight deadline made XMLBeans the better choice for
now.
If time allows I will move everything to ADB later on.

Thanks,
Stefan

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

Posted by stefan_dragnev <st...@yahoo.com>.
Dims,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Amila,

No. Let's leave it as-is.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
if you have put that into production, that means for the services it does
not use the encoding
work fine. So what we can do in Axis2 is to proceed by giving a waring
message as in earlier.

Shall we do it giving only an warning message?

amila.

On 5/4/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> Is this an Axis2 based service in production? and you have a custom wsdl?
>
> -- dims
>
> On 5/3/07, stefan_dragnev <st...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dims,
> >
> > I'm sure the wsdl uses rpc/encoded because it contains the following
> > section:
> >
> > <binding name="WebServiceSoap" type="s0:WebServiceSoap">
> >     <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
> > style="document"/>
> >     <operation name="UpdateCategoriesReq">
> >       <soap:operation
> > soapAction="http://www.openuri.org/UpdateCategoriesReq" style="rpc"/>
> >       <input>
> >         <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="http://www.openuri.org/"
> > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
> >       </input>
> >       <output>
> >         <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="http://www.openuri.org/"
> > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
> >       </output>
> >     </operation>
> >     <operation name="BPDataReq">
> >       <soap:operation soapAction="http://www.openuri.org/BPDataReq"
> > style="rpc"/>
> >       <input>
> >         <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="http://www.openuri.org/"
> > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
> >       </input>
> >       <output>
> >         <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="http://www.openuri.org/"
> > encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
> >       </output>
> >     </operation>
> > </binding>
> >
> > I know that rpc/encoded is not supported in WS-I basic profile but this
> WSDL
> > was developed some time ago and is used in production so I'm not sure
> > whether I will be allowed to modify. If I'm allowed to modify it what
> will
> > be the best way to do it so Axis2 1.2's wsdl2java will not throw errors?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Stefan
> >

> > >I believe we are throwing better exceptions now...if you post the wsdl
> > >in a bug report, we can take a look to confirm that it is indeed an
> > >rpc/encoded wsdl which we don't support.
> > >
> > >thanks,
> > >dims
> >
> > --

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: WSDL2Java: WSDLProcessingException: Encoded use is not supported?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
It means, use Axis1 as you cannot use Axis2.

Posted by wolverine my <wo...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

There were a number of reasons why the Axis2 team decided not to
implement support for SOAP encoding:

1- it's prohibited by WS-I Basic Profile
2- SOAP encoding is an optional feature in SOAP 1.2
3- It would have been a ton of work to implement support for a feature
that is being deprecated by the standards community.
4- There are still tons of other more useful features to be
implemented that have a higher priority.

If you need to maintain use of SOAP encoding, you should stick with Axis 1.x.

If you want to migrate to Axis2, you will have to convert the service
to either document/literal or rpc/literal.

The easier conversion is to rpc/literal, but I advise against that,
because there are still many environments that don't support it
(especially .Net 1.x). To convert to rpc/literal, simply change all
instances of use="encoded" to use="literal" and remove the
encodingStyle attribute from the bindings. You should also review all
your type definitions, and convert any soap encoding types to schema
types (e.g., type="soapenc:string" to type="xsd:string"), and convert
all soap encoding arrays to simple XSD arrays defined using
maxOccurs="unbounded".

The conversion to document/literal requires the following:
- change style="rpc" to style="document"
- change use="encoded" to use="literal"
- remove the namespace and encodingStyle attributes from the bindings
- define wrapper elements for all your input and output message
parameters. Input message elements should be given the same name as
the operation. Output message elements should be given a name in the
form of <methodName>Response. Each element should be defined as a
sequence containing elements of the types you've currently defined as
your message parts.
- remove all your current message parts and replace them with a single
message part referencing your newly defined wrapper elements.

For example:

Current message description:

<w:message name="fooMethodRequest">
  <w:part name="foo1" type="s:string"/>
  <w:part name="foo2" type="s:int"/>
</w:message>

Should be change to this:

<w:types>
  <s:schema targetNamespace="urn:foo:types"
      xmlns:ns1="urn:foo:types">
      <s:element name="fooMethod">
         <s:complexType>
            <s:sequence>
               <s:element name="foo1" type="s:string"/>
               <s:element name="foo2" type="s:int"/>
            </s:sequence>
         </s:complexType>
       </s:element>
    </s:schema>
</w:types>
<w:message name="fooMethodRequest>
   <w:part name="parameters" element="ns1:fooMethod"/>
</w:message>

Anne

Posted by stefan_dragnev <st...@yahoo.com>.
Dims,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

It was not supported even in earlier versions of Axis2..we were just
not throwing exceptions properly.