Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by redcloud <re...@alice.it> on 2006/11/09 23:12:53 UTC

maximum file size

Hi! I need to build a SQL table containing 1000000000 (!!!) rows. But i
filled up a table with 20000000 rows (file size of table 4GB) and my
filesystem denied to go on filling up the table. My question is: can
derby db build "infinitive" size table by chunking in multiple files?

Re: maximum file size

Posted by Suresh Thalamati <su...@gmail.com>.
redcloud wrote:
> Hi! I need to build a SQL table containing 1000000000 (!!!) rows. But i
> filled up a table with 20000000 rows (file size of table 4GB) and my
> filesystem denied to go on filling up the table. My question is: can
> derby db build "infinitive" size table by chunking in multiple files?

No. Currently a table maps to a single file in Derby. Table size is
limited by the size of the file that can be created on a file system.

Thanks
-suresh

Re: maximum file size

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
no, derby is limited by the file size limits of your os/jvm.  Derby
itself can support files bigger than 4gig, but only if the OS/jvm
supports it.  Currently each table is limited to a single file.