Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by le...@srs.gov on 2008/03/18 11:44:39 UTC

Getting Mail::SPF tests

I'm trying to get 3.2.4 up and going with amavisd/dual sendmail, and
trying to incorporate Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF.

To attempt a test, I'm intentionally spoofing an email address whose
domain has an SPF record and sending it through a test machine.

I've added X-Envelope-Sender to the headers, which appears to be letting
the SPF plugin at least run, but not getting anything returned as a
"problem".

Here's a shot of the amavisd debug output, showing SPF plugin running:

[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: dkim: performing public key lookup and signature verification
[12967] dbg: dkim: signature verification result: none
[12967] dbg: dkim: policy: not retrieved, no DNS resolving available
[12967] dbg: rules: ran eval rule __ENV_AND_HDR_FROM_MATCH ======> got hit
(1)
[12967] dbg: spf: def_whitelist_from_spf: bogus@enterpriseannounce.com is
not in DEF_WHITELIST_FROM_SPF
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: ignoring any Received-SPF headers from internal hosts,
by admin setting
[12967] dbg: spf: whitelist_from_spf: bogus@enterpriseannounce.com is not
in user's WHITELIST_FROM_SPF

I've checked and re-checked any config settings I can, and while the SPF
plugin appears to be running, I can't "force" it to run through this test.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks!