Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 21:31:27 UTC

centralized dependency management

Hi,

I kinda want to use centralized dependency management in our trunk.
Currently, each of the individual project has its own dependency
manager, for example blueprint, jmx, transaction, etc.  And sometimes
we are using the same project but different versions.   I'd like us to
use the centralized dependency management so that we can make sure
there is no version conflict and reduces our dependencies.

My initial thinking is to do this in trunk/pom.xml like what we do in
Geronimo, but I realized each of the individual project has
java5-parent as the parent.  So seems to me that I would have to put
the centralized dependency management in java5-parent/pom.xml.  Does
that sound right or anyone has a better approach?

Thx

Lin

Re: centralized dependency management

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Ah Missed that point. Thanks for clarifying it!

Lin

Posted by Thomas Diesler <th...@jboss.com>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Diesler <th...@jboss.com>.