Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by allam <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/10 16:56:29 UTC

RESTful example: Switch from cxf 5.x to cxf 7.x

Hello,

I used before cxf 2.5.10 and 2.4 and I would like to switch now on the
latest version, cxf 2.7.5.
However, I had a restful example which turn successfully in the old version
but not in the new one.
My example is configured using spring library and Java SE 6.0.
Here is the configuration of my beans.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
	xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd">
      <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
	<jaxrs:server id="test" address="/">
		<jaxrs:serviceBeans>
			<ref bean="myWebService" />
		</jaxrs:serviceBeans>
	</jaxrs:server>
	<bean id="myWebService" class="server2.Service" />
</beans>

I tried to modify it into:
xmlns:cxf="http://cxf.apache.org/core"
	xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
http://cxf.apache.org/core
      http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/core.xsd">

	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

	<jaxrs:server id="testAutomateRestfulStateless" address="/">
		<jaxrs:serviceBeans>
			<ref bean="myWebService" />
		</jaxrs:serviceBeans>
		<jaxrs:features>
			<cxf:logging />
		</jaxrs:features>

	</jaxrs:server>
	<bean id="myWebService" class="server.Service" />

</beans>

but I get always the same exception:

SEVERE: Context initialization failed
with name 'org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationListener' defined in
class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'cxf' defined in class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class [org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl]: Constructor threw exception;
nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'cxf' defined in class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class [org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl]: Constructor threw exception;
nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl]: Constructor threw
exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl.<init>(CXFBusImpl.java:54)
	at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl.<init>(CXFBusImpl.java:41)
	at
	at
	at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:85)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:61)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:757)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:722)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:386)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:249)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:155)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:246)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:757)
	at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusExtensionPostProcessor.getBus(BusExtensionPostProcessor.java:62)
	at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusExtensionPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(BusExtensionPostProcessor.java:53)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:302)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1168)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:427)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:249)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:155)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:246)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeansOfType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:248)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBeansOfType(AbstractApplicationContext.java:820)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.registerListeners(AbstractApplicationContext.java:597)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:349)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:189)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4723)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5226)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5221)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.apache.cxf.Messages !=
org.apache.cxf.APIMessages
	at java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:337)
	at org.apache.cxf.common.logging.LogUtils.createLogger(LogUtils.java:210)
	at org.apache.cxf.common.logging.LogUtils.getL7dLogger(LogUtils.java:152)
	at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.<clinit>(BusFactory.java:39)
	... 40 more
Jun 10, 2013 4:11:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
[...]

I didn't found any information about the cause of this error.
Could I have your help please to resolve it?

Kind Regards,

Diana ALLAM

Re: RESTful example: Switch from cxf 5.x to cxf 7.x

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Actually, I see the exception is originating from CXFBusImpl static
initializer,

 > Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.apache.cxf.Messages
!=
 > org.apache.cxf.APIMessages
 > at java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:337)

Not exactly sure what the above means :-), but it appears to do with
some class path conflict.

What you can do is try and download CXF 2.7.5 distro and check what libs
are there and update your Eclipse classpath accordingly

Sergey

Posted by allam <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by allam <al...@gmail.com>.