Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by antalk <an...@intercommit.nl> on 2011/03/22 12:09:30 UTC

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Hi,

Today i replaced the internal prototype.js from Tapestry with the released
1.7 version. I didn't had to change any code at all and our sites are now
correctly working with IE9.

I think 1.7 should be included in the upcoming release asap.

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Posted by antalk <an...@intercommit.nl>.
I need to come back on this issue.

Apparently it does NOT work ootb, i'm experiencing issues where eventlinks
referencing a ZONE in a progressive display component do not get the zone
parameter attached.

I've traced it down to the following part of Tapestry.js:

Line 333:

Tapestry.ScriptManager.addScripts(reply.scripts, function() {
/* Let the caller do its thing first (i.e., modify the DOM). */
callback.call(this);
/* And handle the scripts after the DOM is updated. */
Tapestry.executeInits(reply.inits);
});

With Prototype 1.6.x the executeInits gets called, ensuring that my
eventlinks get attached to a zone. With Proto 1.7 the executeInits does not
get called at all.

So far i'm unable to tell whats happening in the callback ?! Maybe someone
can explain this ?

Until this has been solved u cannot just replace the prototype.js with the
new 1.7 release.... :(

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Posted by Javix <s....@gmail.com>.
Could you tell in which place exactly did you place the new prototype.js
file? Thanks

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM, antalk <an...@intercommit.nl> wrote:
> Today i replaced the internal prototype.js from Tapestry with the released
> 1.7 version. I didn't had to change any code at all and our sites are now
> correctly working with IE9.

FWIW - I have tried 1.7 on Tapestry 5.1.0.5 and get javascript errors
in prototype.js in JSON.parse.  Looks like Tapestry isn't encoding
JSON quite right from what I can tell...

-Dave

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sure, will do. This is more of a dev issue, but makes notes of what
doesn't work with the release (in case you didn't fix all of them).
I'm confident we can make it to a reliable, fully automated release
process.

Kalle

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kalle,

5.2.5 isn't released yet as I'm struggling with the release plugin. I would
appreciate if you would hold off on checking in into the branch. We can have
a 5.2.6 release for this issue.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Agree... doesn't look like we have an issue open for it yet. There's
> the tapx-prototype but I don't see a reason for not putting it in
> directly for 5.2.x. Unfortunately we apparently just missed the boat
> for 5.2.5 - or did we, Igor?
>
> Kalle
>

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM, David Rees <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM, antalk <an...@intercommit.nl> wrote:
> >> Today i replaced the internal prototype.js from Tapestry with the
> released
> >> 1.7 version. I didn't had to change any code at all and our sites are
> now
> >> correctly working with IE9.
> >>
> >> I think 1.7 should be included in the upcoming release asap.
> >
> > With IE9 released to the public now - it definitely should be a top
> > priority bug-fix...
> >
> > -Dave

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'll look into ressurecting tapx-prototype shortly with Prototype 1.7
and latest Scripaculous.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:18 PM, David Rees <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Agree... doesn't look like we have an issue open for it yet. There's
>> the tapx-prototype but I don't see a reason for not putting it in
>> directly for 5.2.x.
>
> tapx-prototype is gone now (deleted with the message that it's not
> needed with tapestry 5.2), but it's fairly easy to reproduce on your
> own by browsing the old release source if needed.  Just replace the
> appropriate bits...
>
> https://github.com/hlship/tapx/tree/134b49203e7fc5d1cc7c4dbd962b65eb53793e74/tapx-prototype
>
>> Unfortunately we apparently just missed the boat for 5.2.5 - or did we, Igor?
>
> There's always 5.2.6. :-)  And it's good to get it into trunk for 5.3.x.
>
> -Dave

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry 5 with Prototype 1.7

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:18 PM, David Rees <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Agree... doesn't look like we have an issue open for it yet. There's
>> the tapx-prototype but I don't see a reason for not putting it in
>> directly for 5.2.x.
>> Unfortunately we apparently just missed the boat for 5.2.5 - or did we, Igor?
> There's always 5.2.6. :-)  And it's good to get it into trunk for 5.3.x.

Of course, but just unfortunate timing, no release schedule for 5.2.6.
5.3 may see other changes for common Javascript layer but I agree, we
should put it in regardless. Created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1482 and will take care of
it.

Kalle