Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com> on 2008/02/27 23:34:03 UTC

How to troubleshoot a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Hi,

I was trying to increase my skills with ofbiz and screwed something up but I
don't know what :-0
I did an ./ant run-install then started ofbiz.
Looks like I screwed up the xxxWraper system for Order and Catalog Manager
To my knowledge :-{ , I didn't touch any wrapper files.
Recently, I've been trying to get JasperReports up and running but I believe
I removed all the changes I made. I was also working with order reports and
changed the

Could this be a false/positive error message or could I have accidentally
removed the class definition from some file?
Which file would that be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Case

When I click on the Order Tab I get the following message:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/ofbiz/content/survey/SurveyWrapper
	java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
	java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)

And, when I click on the Catalog Tab I get:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/catalog/CommonScreens.xml#main]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/catalog/CatalogCommonScreens.xml#main-decorator]
: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/catalog/CommonScreens.xml#leftbar]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/catalog/CommonScreens.xml#sidedeepcategory]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at location
[component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/find/sidedeepcategory.bs
h]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at
[component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/find/sidedeepcategory.bs
h], line [58]: Sourced file:
component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/find/sidedeepcategory.bsh
: Method Invocation CategoryWorker.getCategoryContentWrappers : at Line: 58
: in file:
component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/find/sidedeepcategory.bsh
: CategoryWorker .getCategoryContentWrappers ( catContentWrappers ,
categoryList , request )

Target exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/ofbiz/product/category/CategoryContentWrapper
(Sourced file:
component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/find/sidedeepcategory.bsh
: Method Invocation CategoryWorker.getCategoryContentWrappers) (Error
running BSH script at

SOLVED: RE: How to troubleshoot a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com>.
The solution was uncomment the Jasper Report exclude lines in
applications/content/build.xml

Thanks,

Case Torres
case@casetorrestech.com