Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Carsten Zerbst <ca...@groy-groy.de> on 2004/12/01 09:33:58 UTC

Proxy / Firewall and WebDAV

Hello,

I have a software which uses WebDAV for filetransfer. This works
perfect for getting and sending files on most sites.  But at one
location with proxy and firewall when posting files (reading works).

The shortened log file says:

253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - Attempt number 1 to process request
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "PUT
http://..../tgarchive/files/CvsOhqN7ioQ.1yoVsocbtRk/simple.bat/f4aabecf1a10203/simple.bat HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG HttpConnection  - enter HttpConnection.print(String)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.writeRequestHeaders(HttpState,HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG ExpectContinueMethod  - enter
ExpectContinueMethod.addRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addUserAgentRequestHeaders(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addHostRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - Adding Host request header
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addCookieRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpState  - enter HttpState.getCookies()
253250  DEBUG CookieSpec  - enter CookieSpecBase.match(String, int,
String, boolean, Cookie[])
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addAuthorizationRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addProxyAuthorizationRequestHeader(HttpState,
HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addProxyConnectionHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG EntityEnclosingMethod  - enter
HttpMethodBase.addContentLengthRequestHeader(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253250  DEBUG EntityEnclosingMethod  - enter
EntityEnclosingMethod.getRequestContentLength()
253250  DEBUG EntityEnclosingMethod  - enter
EntityEnclosingMethod.hasRequestContent()
253250  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - HttpMethodBase.addRequestHeader(Header)
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "Content-Type: httpd/unix-directory[\r][\n]"

253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "Authorization: Basic ...
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "User-Agent: Jakarta
Commons-HttpClient/2.0rc2[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "Host: ....
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "Transfer-Encoding: chunked[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "10[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "TreeMark -tltest"
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "[\r][\n]"
253250  DEBUG ChunkedOutputStream  - Writing chunk (length: 16)
253250  DEBUG ChunkedOutputStream  - enter
ChunkedOutputStream.writeClosingChunk()
253250  DEBUG wire  - >> "0"
253266  DEBUG wire  - >> "[\r][\n]"
253266  DEBUG wire  - >> "[\r][\n]"
253266  DEBUG ChunkedOutputStream  - Writing closing chunk
253266  DEBUG EntityEnclosingMethod  - Request body sent
253266  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - enter
HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(HttpState, HttpConnection)
253266  DEBUG HttpConnection  - enter HttpConnection.readLine()
253266  DEBUG HttpParser  - enter HttpParser.readLine()
253266  DEBUG HttpParser  - enter HttpParser.readRawLine()
253266  DEBUG HttpMethodBase  - Closing the connection.
253266  DEBUG HttpConnection  - enter HttpConnection.close()
253266  DEBUG HttpConnection  - enter
HttpConnection.closeSockedAndStreams()
253266  INFO  HttpMethodBase  - Recoverable exception caught when
processing request
253266  WARN  HttpMethodBase  - Recoverable exception caught but
MethodRetryHandler.retryMethod() returned false, rethrowing exception
253266  DEBUG HttpConnection  - enter HttpConnection.releaseConnection()
253266  ERROR WebdavClient  -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
OK (200)

My understanding is, that the connection was interupted for the put
method. How could I identify the very reason for this ?

Thanks, Carsten

--
Carsten Zerbst <ca...@groy-groy.de>

Re: Proxy / Firewall and WebDAV

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Carsten,

The server is likely to have the dropped the connection because of
invalid credentials. Try activating the expect-continue handshake and
see if this makes any difference

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/ExpectContinueMethod.html#setUseExpectHeader(boolean)

Hope this helps

Oleg