Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/05/06 19:22:41 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Add Cellar into Karaf trunk

Hi all,

here's the result of the vote:

+1 (binding): Ioannis Canellos, Achim Nierbeck, Jamie Goodyear, Andreas
Pieber, Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1 (non-binding): Mike Van, Johan Edstrom
+0: Guillaume Nodet

So the vote has passed.

Regarding the parallel discussion, Karaf Cellar will be added as a Karaf
subproject.

I propose :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/cellar/trunk
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/cellar/tags
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/cellar/branches

@Ioannis: could you:
1/ Move the source from github to asf svn
2/ check that all files includes the ASF header
3/ check that all packages are named org.apache.karaf.cellar
I will review it tomorrow and commit my changes.

@Achim and the others: we should create other Karaf sub-projects. I
think of Karaf WebContainer powered by Pax-Web first.
Could you prepare this for Karaf trunk (Jira, sources move, etc) ?

Thanks all for your vote and welcome Cellar into Karaf :)

Regards
JB

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Add Cellar into Karaf trunk

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I think that the easiest way is to create a component per sub-project in
Jira.
I just have to check in Jira admin how to manage versions.

Regards
JB

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
Thanks Ioannis,

I will take care of:
- jira
- documentation
- resources (tutorial, articles, demo)

Regards
JB
Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI, I created the Jira component cellar and webcontainer.

I'm working on Cellar right now (add doc, etc).

Regards
JB

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I have the admin rights. I just need sometime (for the kids :)), I will
check later tonight.

Regards
JB

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
> [...]

>>> I think that we have to discuss with Camel, ServiceMix, CXF, ActiveMQ,
>>> and others about we can improve Karaf Cellar to provide services for
>>> these projects.
>>> - I submitted a talk for the next ApacheCon 2011 (Vancouver, 5th-11th
>>> November) about Karaf in an enterprise environment. It will include
>>> Karaf 3.0.0 new features presentation and of course Karaf Cellar
>>> introduction. I also plan to make a demo using Karaf, Cellar, and ACE to
>>> show how Karaf is a powerful OSGi runtime/container in an high value
>>> enterprise environment.
>>>
>>> Regarding these topics, I submit the addition of Cellar into Karaf to
>>> your vote:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the addition of Cellar into Karaf trunk
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the addition (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> I'm available if you need deeper explanations about Cellar.

>>> Regards

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Great :-)