Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ruby <rs...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/08 19:41:40 UTC

Solr boost function taking precedence over relevance boosting

I have the following query (which was working until I migrated to Solr 5.1)
with boost:

http://localhost:8983/solr/?wt=json&q={!boost+b=recip(ms(NOW,modification_date),3.16e-11,1,1)}{!boost+b=recip(ms(NOW,creation_date),3.16e-11,1,1)}Copy_field:(bolt)^10
OR object_name:(bolt)^300

The above query would list the objects with name "bolt" first and then other
objects having "bolt" value in other properties. If two objects had "bolt"
in name, then it would boost the ones with recent modification,creation
dates.

This has been working until I moved to Solr 5.1. If I remove the date boost
functions then objects having "bolt" in name are listed first. However, I
still want to apply date boost functions to make sure if multiple objects
having "bolt" in name is returned then the application shows the recent ones
first.

Did something change in the Solr date boost functions?
If not, then is there something wrong with my query?
Is my understanding of date boost function with relevancy boosting current?

Thanks,
Ruby