Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Erik J. Thomas" <er...@linqto.com> on 2018/09/28 20:18:56 UTC

Strange Error with AIR 31

Nothing earthshattering, but I wondered if anyone else has experienced these two new errors with AIR 31?

1. When I installed AIR 31, I started seeing this error when running a debug session tethered to a device via USB:

"/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA.app/Contents/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java" -Dapplication.home=/Users/ethomas/linqto/FlexSDKs/SDK4.16.1-31-42 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath /Users/ethomas/linqto/FlexSDKs/SDK4.16.1-31-42/lib/fdb.jar flex.tools.debugger.cli.DebugCLI -ide -p 7936
Apache fdb (Flash Player Debugger) [build 20171115]
Copyright 2017 The Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
Trying to connect to Player
Player connected; session starting.
[trace] Error while reading build.prop file:Error #3001: File or directory access denied.

Anybody seen this? StackOverflow didn't bring up anything useful for me. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, the app still runs. Just curious.

2. Oh, and another issue I've never seen before is with the namespace containing AIR 31 in my app descriptor:

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/31.0">
IntelliJ flags this as an error (URI is not registered), though the app still builds and runs fine, just shows in red as an error in the IDE. I've never had to do anything for the past 20+ AIR SDK upgrades in this regard. I'd just happily update the version in the application node. Just thought it odd is all.

I find it odd also that the Flash Player Debugger bundled with AIR 31 is a build from Nov 2017, nearly a year old. I would have thought it would be more recent.

Thanks.

Erik

Re: Strange Error with AIR 31

Posted by douglasmccarroll <li...@brightworks.com>.
Oops - my dumb mistake. I am getting this error, but debugging is actually
working, so, not really a problem.

Re: Strange Error with AIR 31

Posted by douglasmccarroll <li...@brightworks.com>.
Hi Eric,

Did you ever figure out what is causing this? I'm getting this error when I
try to debug on an Android device, and debugging doesn't work though the app
runs.

Strangely, debugging was working fine a week ago ... now it's suddenly
starting to do this, and I haven't changed anything.

Douglas