Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kh...@escalate.com on 2002/12/10 02:42:25 UTC

Large JSP causes tomcat to crash with multiple users

Tomcat: 3.3.1
JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_02-b02, mixed mode)

I just ran into a problem with one of the jsps I have.  The problem occurs
with both using apache in between the browser and tomcat or going directly
from browser to tomcat.

Running with one user, the page gets displayed successfully.

Running with 3 users trying to the display the same jsp page causes
JVM(hotspot) to cash.

I broke the jsp page into two jsp files and used a jsp:include in one page
to include the other.  This seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm afraid that if the number of users increases, at some point tomcat will
crash again.

Has anyone seem this problem?  or can give an idea of what could cause
tomcat to crash.

thanks in advance.