Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alex Kravets <ak...@kligerweiss.com> on 2005/04/04 21:35:15 UTC

using InspectorButton

I tried to use InspectorButton in my page but get error: Library
'contrib' not found in application namespace. Where do I get this
librarty from and how do I include it in my namespace?
Also, does my page must be named Home.html? And on theserveside.com they
have their page extension as '.tss' is this done within Tapestry?

thanks,
Alex

Re: using InspectorButton

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Alex Kravets wrote:

> I get some errors when tried to change things around.
>
> And Home.page
>
> <page-specification class="cc.Home">
>        <property-specification name="message" type="java.lang.String"/>
>        <property-specification name="success" type="java.lang.String"/>
>        <property-specification name="userName"
> type="java.lang.String"/>
>        <property-specification name="password"
> type="java.lang.String"/>
> </page-specification>
>
> and I named my .application file cc.application and it's in WEB-INF
> directory
>
> <application name="Examples">
>        <library id="contrib"
> specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
> </application>
>
> But when I execute my page I get error:
>    org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException: Document root
> element "application", must match DOCTYPE root "page-specification".
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Probably not putting the proper DOCTYPE at the type of your
specification files.

	Erik

Re: using InspectorButton

Posted by Alex Kravets <ak...@kligerweiss.com>.
I get some errors when tried to change things around.

This is my web.xml:
<web-app>
  <display-name>Tapestry Hello World Example</display-name>

        <filter>
                <filter-name>redirect</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.tapestry.RedirectFilter</filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>redirect</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

  <servlet>
        <servlet-name>cc</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cc</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/app</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

And Home.page

<page-specification class="cc.Home">
        <property-specification name="message" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <property-specification name="success" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <property-specification name="userName" type="java.lang.String"/>
        <property-specification name="password" type="java.lang.String"/>
</page-specification>

and I named my .application file cc.application and it's in WEB-INF
directory

<application name="Examples">
        <library id="contrib"
specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
</application>

But when I execute my page I get error:
    org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException: Document root
element "application", must match DOCTYPE root "page-specification".

What am I doing wrong?

thanks a lot,
Alex

Re: using InspectorButton

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Re: using InspectorButton

Posted by Alex Kravets <ak...@kligerweiss.com>.

Re: using InspectorButton

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Re: using InspectorButton

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Alex Kravets <akravets <at> kligerweiss.com> writes:

> Also, does my page must be named Home.html?

You can name your home page as Foo.html:

<application>
  <page name="Home" specification-path="Foo.page"/>
</application>