Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tito santini <ti...@netikos.com> on 2003/08/28 16:24:27 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3: security-constraint error in web.xml

Dear all,
we actually have this very "boring" problem on Tomcat 4.0.3 (why not yet
upgraded? customer requirements):

We want to restrict the access at our application on HTTPS port only.
after many unsuccesful tests, we added,   for testing purpose,  these
following lines (which we believe to be the minimal configuration
for achieving security) to our web.xml file:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name>
   Tutta IPMS
  </web-resource-name>
    </web-resource-collection>
</security-constraint>

Unfortunately, at startup Tomcat refuses the above lines saying, in its log
file catalina.out :

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,servlet*,se
rvlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,
taglib*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-
entry*,ejb-ref*)"

What's wrong? Any hint?

Very Thanks in advance for your help.

Tito Santini