Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/04/02 10:06:47 UTC

Re: [qi4j-dev] Use of Qi4j.dereference(T compositeOrUow)

Do you mean the dereference() method in the Qi4j API ??

That is only needed for Concerns and SideEffects when they need to hand
over a "self" to something external. I don't remember off-hand why it was
only needed in Concerns and SideEffects, and not Mixins. I think it was
related to the way that the stateless part of the invocation stack is
linked together. If you need to know, I will dig it up...

Niclas

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Tasos Parisinos <ta...@projectbeagle.com>
wrote:

> Hello all
>
> We have implemented an application with a DCI design. There we have a Use
> Case (Context), with a single actor, a TransientComposite with several
> fragments, each with its own mixin implementation. Some of these fragments
> need to access the state of the composite type and even modify it. To
> achieve this we use the following injection in the abstract class mixin
> implementations:
>
> @This
> protected ActorComposite self;
>
> This works out fine (at least so it seems) without the need to
> dereference. Can anyone shed some more light to the use of this API call?
>
> Thanx in advance
>
>  --

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer