Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/05 15:30:23 UTC

Struts/WebWork Merger Tasks (was Q)

Apparently "Q" happens too :)

Re: Struts/WebWork Merger Tasks (was Q)

Posted by Patrick Lightbody <pl...@gmail.com>.
Ah, they look exactly like PropertySets: http://www.opensymphony.com/
propertyset. PropertySets can have memory/map implementations (like a
DynaBean) or can have persistence implementations (EJB, JDBC, etc).

Yeah, I think adding support would be _really_ easy.

Patrick

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Patrick Lightbody <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Patrick Lightbody wrote:
> OK. There are a lot of things we want to do with WW that may or may  not
> have to be done to support these things. My personal list includes:
>
>  - cleaning up configuration code
>  - cleaning up ActionContext/ActionInvocation/ActionProxy confusion
>
> Would you imagine those would be included in SAF 2.0, or would we  defer
> most of what would have been WW 2.3 over to SAF 2.1?

I think we should defer.  I'd still like to get an alpha release out by March
assuming WW 2.2 ships soon.  Also hopefully soon, we'll start using JIRA so we
can manage our roadmap better and start getting releases out every few months....

Still dreaming,

Don

Posted by Patrick Lightbody <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Off the top of my head:

Posted by Patrick Lightbody <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
On 1/5/06, Patrick Lightbody <pl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there are a few features (probably more) that we'd like to
> bring forward from Struts Action 1.x to 2.x that aren't in WebWork
> already. For example, the wildcard support in configuration.
>
> Where does that fit in? This current schedule looks like 2.0.0 would
> be basically WebWork 2.2 + migration tools. Is the plan to add the
> extra features, like wildcards, to Struts Action 2.1? I'm find with
> either, but my understanding was that we'd do additional development
> between WW 2.2 and SAF 2.0.

That would be item # 7.

Posted by Patrick Lightbody <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.