Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jennifer Schachter <ja...@decisionsoft.com> on 2002/12/05 12:28:58 UTC

RE: rfc 1808 and rfc 2693 -- urls (fwd)

Hi,

I'm quite certain that there are problems with XMLUri and XMLURL in Xerces
2.0. I found them when trying to use this constructor from XMLUri:

XMLUri::XMLUri (  const XMLUri *const baseURI, const XMLCh *const uriSpec)

For the first parameter I have a pointer to a valid baseURI, and am
passing in a relative URI as the second parameter.

I found, when using the test cases from rf2693 Appendix C, that newly
constructed URI's text (using getUriText) does not match the results given
in the rfc.

ex. base URI="http://a/b/c/d;p?q" and relative URI = "g:h". rfc says this
should be resolved as "g:h" when actually the text returned is
"http://a/b/c/g:h"

I also found that there were similar issues when running the test cases
using this constructor from XMLURL:

XMLURL (const XMLCh *const baseURL,const char *const relativeURL)

I did post about this before, but no one got back to me and I haven't had
a chance to have an indepth look at this yet...

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jennifer

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Brad Settlemyer wrote:

> I'd have to look more closely at xerces, but I believe it requires things
> like this
>
> file:///file.xsd (which is perhaps legal, but probably not)
>
> when it means
>
> file:/file.xsd
>
> and it allows things (encourages them I think) like
> file://file.xsd
>
> which is illegal (or at least I think 2693 it says that).
>
> Of course I've not used the xerces 2.0, so it may be different, and I'm not
> currently using any urls with xerces so I'll have to look thru some of my
> stuff at home to make sure the above examples are valid or not in xerces,
> but I was talking to the guy who implemented all the URL stuff on kde, and
> he was showing me alot of mistakes I was making in forming filesystem URLs.
>
> Brad

Jennifer "Georgina" Schachter, Software Engineer   +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                               http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services

Re: rfc 1808 and rfc 2693 -- urls (fwd)

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
XMLUri is supposed to be conformant to RFC2396.  If it's not, then it's a
bug and please open a bugzilla defect.

Tinny