Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by argyn <ar...@cox.net> on 2005/06/21 02:28:44 UTC

insert foreign schema element

I have a "my-schema" with one of the element defined like this:
=======
    <xs:element name="Content" type="ContentType"/>
    <xs:complexType name="ContentType" mixed="true">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:any namespace="##any" processContents="lax"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:sequence>
        <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="lax"/>
    </xs:complexType>
=======
The idea is that Content element can contain any elements from other
schemas, or simply some text or data.

here's a xml fragment of the document:
=======
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Request
      xmlns="my-schema"
      xmlns:md="foreign-schema"

...[skip this]...

        <Content>
            <md:record>
                <md:patient_info>
                    <md:name>XYZ</md:name>
                    <md:age>60</md:age>
                    <md:sex>male</md:sex>
                    <md:health_insurance>123456</md:health_insurance>
                </md:patient_info>
            </md:record>
        </Content>
=======

I'm having trouble constructing this document. If I use
cursor.insertChars() or setTextValue() then the document looks like this:

=======
    <Content><![CDATA[<md:record>
  <md:patient_info>
    <md:name>XYZ</md:name>
    <md:age>60</md:age>
    <md:sex>male</md:sex>
--- etc
=======

i.e. XmlBeans adds <![CDATA[. How to insert the foreign elements into
the XML with XMLBeans?

thanks,
argyn