Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org> on 2015/02/03 09:27:21 UTC

Rewritten plexus-interpolation to maven shared ?

I have done what is more or less a complete rewrite of
plexus-interpolation. The new version is a fair bit more efficient
than the old version and also has features to avoid reinterpolating
files that would not be changed, avoiding the filesystem timestamp
change, which is probably one of the most asked-for open issue we have
right now (existing in many permutations in our issue trackers)

I took at look at the provenance of what little code remains in my
rewrite and it's all basically work by

John Casey
Olivier Lamy

Assuming John and Olivier agree, would it be OK if I moved this new
version to maven-interpolation (maven-shared?). The old plexus-code
would stay where it is.

The new version is not API compatible with the old version, but I'd
rewrite everything to use the new version if we move it.

Kristian

Re: Rewritten plexus-interpolation to maven shared ?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
+1

Op Tue, 03 Feb 2015 09:27:21 +0100 schreef Kristian Rosenvold
<kr...@apache.org>:

> I have done what is more or less a complete rewrite of
> plexus-interpolation. The new version is a fair bit more efficient
> than the old version and also has features to avoid reinterpolating
> files that would not be changed, avoiding the filesystem timestamp
> change, which is probably one of the most asked-for open issue we have
> right now (existing in many permutations in our issue trackers)
>
> I took at look at the provenance of what little code remains in my
> rewrite and it's all basically work by
>
> John Casey
> Olivier Lamy
>
> Assuming John and Olivier agree, would it be OK if I moved this new
> version to maven-interpolation (maven-shared?). The old plexus-code
> would stay where it is.
>
> The new version is not API compatible with the old version, but I'd
> rewrite everything to use the new version if we move it.

Assuming that the change of groupId+artifactId also implies a change of
package name, there's no need to worry about compatibility.

Robert

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1

On 02/03/2015 02:27 AM, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> I have done what is more or less a complete rewrite of
> plexus-interpolation. The new version is a fair bit more efficient
> than the old version and also has features to avoid reinterpolating
> files that would not be changed, avoiding the filesystem timestamp
> change, which is probably one of the most asked-for open issue we have
> right now (existing in many permutations in our issue trackers)
>
> I took at look at the provenance of what little code remains in my
> rewrite and it's all basically work by
>
> John Casey
> Olivier Lamy
>
> Assuming John and Olivier agree, would it be OK if I moved this new
> version to maven-interpolation (maven-shared?). The old plexus-code
> would stay where it is.
>
> The new version is not API compatible with the old version, but I'd
> rewrite everything to use the new version if we move it.
>
> Kristian

John Casey
---
GitHub:  https://github.com/jdcasey/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/buildchimp

Re: Rewritten plexus-interpolation to maven shared ?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015, Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I have done what is more or less a complete rewrite of
> plexus-interpolation. The new version is a fair bit more efficient
> than the old version and also has features to avoid reinterpolating
> files that would not be changed, avoiding the filesystem timestamp
> change, which is probably one of the most asked-for open issue we have
> right now (existing in many permutations in our issue trackers)
>
> I took at look at the provenance of what little code remains in my
> rewrite and it's all basically work by
>
> John Casey
> Olivier Lamy
>
> Assuming John and Olivier agree, would it be OK if I moved this new
> version to maven-interpolation (maven-shared?). The old plexus-code
> would stay where it is.
>
> The new version is not API compatible with the old version, but I'd
> rewrite everything to use the new version if we move it.
>
> Kristian

Sent from my phone

Re: Rewritten plexus-interpolation to maven shared ?

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1
great!

Regards,