Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by david2 <Da...@l-3comcept.com> on 2007/08/08 17:30:19 UTC

Re: How to insert custom XPath function into Muse.

Dan,

Did this change ever make it into the regular build?  If so, which version?

Thanks,
-David

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
yes - it's in the 2.2 release. here's the change:

the code involved would be:

      FilterHandler handler = ...   // implement this interface as we've
done
                                    // for the three standard filter types

      FilterFactory.getInstance().addHandler(handler);

Dan

david2 <Da...@l-3comcept.com> wrote on 08/08/2007 11:30:19 AM:

> Dan,
>
> Did this change ever make it into the regular build?  If so, which
version?

> Thanks,
> -David
>

> Daniel Jemiolo wrote:
> >
> > I think a simple change to the WSN FilterFactory will allow you to add
> > your own Filter implementations to the current WSN implementation. Are
you
> > willing to use the nightly build? My changes would not be part of an
> > official release until version 2.2 (March 23rd). Let me know, and I
will
> > elaborate on what to do.
> >
> > Dan
> >

> > dnguyen <do...@l-3comcept.com> wrote on 02/27/2007 12:20:09 PM:
> >

> >> The first sample code I found is in Xalan's distro
in /samples/XPathAPI.
> >  The
> >> example included ExtensionTest.java (custom function through static
> > method),
> >> ExtensionFunctionResolver.java (main app), and .  The main app
basically
> >> created an instance of XPath and set its resolver with an instance of
> >> XPathFunctionResolverImpl.  The expression passed to the XPath
instance
> >> evaluate is "java:ExtensionTest.test('Bob')", where the resolver found

> > the
> >> implementation in the classpath.
> >>
> >> The second sample code is in /samples/extensions.  This example
included
> >> MyCounter.java (custom function), 4-numlistJava.xsl (has Xalan tags to
> >> include MyCounter function), and xml file for processing.  Since this
> >> example involved an XSL file to include and use the custom function, I
> >> thought it may not be applicable to Muse.

> > way

> > that
> > need
> > the

AM:

> > with
> > reference

> > in
> > function

RE: How to insert custom XPath function into Muse.

Posted by le...@bt.com.
I must admit I use a custom implementation of xPath to solve my issues
with notification messages. One word of caution the duplicate namespace
found when using the current xml parser (the .toXml() ) function, caused
some problems with my custom xPath implementation, but was solved after
I removed the duplicate namespace (seems always to be
xmlns:wsnt="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2").

/Lenni