Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Johannes Stuermer <js...@lrn.com> on 2003/10/30 05:10:46 UTC

infinite loop

I am processing a large number of xsl-fo files with embedded FOP. 95% render
perfectly to PDF, but the rest causes FOP to go into an infinite loop. (FOP
continues to output INFO messages with numbers, but without a description)

After looking at the xsl-fo files I can't find any significant differences
in the structure of these files. They only differ in their text elements.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Re: infinite loop

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Johannes Stuermer wrote:

> I am processing a large number of xsl-fo files with embedded FOP. 95% render
> perfectly to PDF, but the rest causes FOP to go into an infinite loop. (FOP
> continues to output INFO messages with numbers, but without a description)
>
> After looking at the xsl-fo files I can't find any significant differences
> in the structure of these files. They only differ in their text elements.
>
> What am I missing?

Reading the FAQ?
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#boxoverflow
You have probably an oversized image, or explicit image heigth and/or
width in pixels somewhere.

Upgrading to 0.20.5 should avoid the infinite loop, although the
FO still wont be rendered properly.

J.Pietschmann