Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/01 16:04:12 UTC

HiveBuild changes

Just checked in some changes to the HiveBuild scripts used by HiveMind
and Tapestry.

The changes move all the "action" out of the workspace and under
${java.io.tmpdir}.

By "action" I mean the target directories; all the compiled classes,
etc.  Javadoc.  Forrest HTML output. Etc.

I think this will make development easier; it means that Eclipse has
to manage and index far, far fewer files.

What's left?

${root}/target/*.jar -- derived jars
${root}/ext-lib -- unchanged; this is where files downloaded from
ibiblio are stored
${root}/target/dist -- distributions ready for upload
${root}/target/forrest-composite -- Composite site built by Forrest

The last one is a pain; Forrest imposes it on us.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: HiveBuild changes

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

On 7/1/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just checked in some changes to the HiveBuild scripts used by HiveMind
> and Tapestry.
>
> The changes move all the "action" out of the workspace and under
> ${java.io.tmpdir}.

I think this change has caused the recent build failures reported by
Gump.  Gump still thinks the class files are in the various
target/classes directories (see <work> elements in Gump descriptor).

I don't seem to find how to configure Gump to look in
${java.io.tmpdir}. What should we do about this?

--knut