Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/08/25 20:52:52 UTC

"master" is now officially "develop" ...

Ok ...

I've created the develop branch, infra made that the new default and unlocked the old master branch.
After confirming all is in place I then deleted the master (locally and remotely)

So I think this issue can be considered done.

Will initiate the RC of the tools as soon as I find some spare time.

Chris

Am 22.08.20, 19:42 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    So the vote passes with (as far as I could see it)

    6 binding +1
    2 non-binding +1

    And no other votes.

    I'll take care of the necessary steps.

    Thanks for voting :.)

    Chris

    Am 19.08.20, 22:06 schrieb "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@apache.org>:

        +1 (non-bonding)

        One suggestion:: May be I am too late..

         Can have “trunk” and cut branches when we are planing to have release
        (based on version) ??

        On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 10:43 PM, gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Adding my 2 cents. In the past, I have seen both the models. Keeping two
        >
        > branches: One for Develop and another for Releases. At the same time, I
        >
        > have also found tagging the releases to be sufficient.
        >

        > IMHO, we can go for the model that needs less maintenance & operational
        >
        > effort for our project.
        >

        > +1 for Chris's approach
        >

        > thanks,
        >
        > Gautam
        >

        > On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 1:50 AM Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com> wrote:
        >

        > > Hello,
        >

        > > As an aside, there's some specific meanings for the develop branch and
        >
        > > release branches associated with the "git flow" methodology[1].  I
        >
        > > don't think we're proposing to adopt this specific way of working, but
        >
        > > it might look like it!
        >

        > > In the proposed sense, "develop" matches perfectly, but "release" for
        >
        > > the latest release isn't very common.  In my experience, tagging
        >
        > > releases has been sufficient.
        >

        > > Regardless, as long as we're clear in the documentation for
        >
        > > contributors: +1 (non)
        >

        > > Thanks! Ryan
        >

        > > [1] https://datasift.github.io/gitflow/IntroducingGitFlow.html
        >

        > > On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 11:54 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com
        > >

        > > wrote:
        >

        > > > +1
        >

        > --

        --Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: "master" is now officially "develop" ...

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Great, thank you Chris and gautam for checking

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,