Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emmanuel Bridonneau <eb...@cariocas.com> on 2003/04/08 20:17:17 UTC

how to discover a servlet?

We always refer to a servlet as servicing a HTTP request. In my architecture, I'd like some services (think JNDI bound) to discover servlets of a web app so as to set or reset some of their initialization parameters for instance. These services may be local or remote to the servlets' containers.
I am thinking of registering these servlets with a manager the latter being accessible by other services.
Not sure whether this is the best approach mostly when deploying in a cluster environement, so if anyone of you is taking similar approach, I'd like to know what you do to register/discover these servlets, if there is any de-facto standards to perform what I just described?

Thanks for you input as always,
Emmanuel