Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by DA...@iba.by on 2009/02/12 14:09:43 UTC

SASL authentificator

Hello.

I'm using Apache DS 1.5.4 and I need to add custom SASL authentification
to the server.

I've created class extended from AbstractMechanismHandler and class
extended from AbstractSaslServer.
Then I add it to server.xml the list of <saslMechanismHandlers>.
When I try to connect to the server as a client I receive error that sasl
method not supported.

Also I tried to add new mechanism handler in Apache DS in embedded mode.
Llike:
        Map<String, MechanismHandler> mechanismHandlerMap = new
HashMap<String,MechanismHandler>();
        mechanismHandlerMap.put( "CUSTOM", new
CustomSASLMechanismHandler() );
        ldapService.setSaslMechanismHandlers( mechanismHandlerMap );

The same error that mechanism not supported.

Did I miss something?
Is it possible to add custom authentificator?

Best regards
Dmitry

Re: SASL authentificator

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
This should be possible since we've already added several mechanisms in a
pluggable fashion.  I'd setup a debugging session and inspect the various
data structures to see if your SASL handler is in fact registered.  Then we
can work backwards from there.  I need more to understand what's going
wrong.

Alex