Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Tiwari, Sunil Kumar" <c_...@qualcomm.com> on 2005/12/22 00:47:20 UTC

RE: How to create a new skin and add custom mode to it injetspeed2?

Hi Randy,

I was able to create a new skin by copying the folder structure of an
existing skin and tinkering with it. So far, I am able to just change
the look and feel but wasn't able to add new custom mode.

I noticed a macro #PortletActionBar($decoration) in
jetspeed/decorations/portlet/decorator.vm

I guess this macro has to do with what modes can be provided.
But I don't know much about Velocity and so I cldn't figure it out.

Could you tell me where these macros are defined and how they work with
themes and skins?

Thanks so much for your inputs.

-Sunil

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Sunil,

I have verified that custom modes will require code modifications.

Please add a JIRA issue for this extension to J2 if it is required.

Randy

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Sunil,

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Hi Sunil,

Sorry, I was on vacation last week and not able to get to this sooner.
Please look at the initial documentation I have written,
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-decorators.html.  It is
far from finished but should give you an idea what is required to build a
decoration.

-Scott