Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kenneth Frankel <ke...@atsbank.com> on 2000/04/10 07:23:55 UTC

Re: Mod_Perl install - "no apxs" error -- COMPILED AND WORKING !!!

Finally installed!!!

Sources Of Problems:

   * I was so focused on "no apxs" messages in mod_perl, I didnt question
     my custom build scripts that built mod_perl and Apache ... for two days!
     Scripts ran my apache's Configure after building mod_perl, wiping
     out mod_perl's changes to apache's config.

   * The mod_perl 'make test' tests fail if DO_PREP is selected.  Ditto if you
     do not select EVERYTHING=1.  Another red-herring-like distraction.

   * I didn't fully get rid of redhat's perl when I moved to 5.6.0, the
5.0.3 lib still existed
     in /usr/lib, and mod_perl may have been including that.  The DSO
apache would
     compile, but dump core when hit with a GET.

Thanks *SO* much to everybody for their help, especially those that told me
the 'no apxs' messages were ignorable, and suggested I get the bleeding-edge
version.  That got me to realize that the DO_PREP changes mod_perl were making
to apache were being lost when I did my reconfigures, and boom!  Compilation!

Thanks again,
Kenneth